Wednesday, July 1, 2009

in search of the cure for boredom

Okay soo... maybe this summer is nothing what I expected it to be like. So what, right?  I've decided to put myself on a mission.  I'm looking for the cure to boredom.  I'm so lucky because in about two months I'm starting over and creating a great, new life for myself. I am truly so excited about it, but something's got to get me through the next couple of months.  Because if I just try to sail through and get it over with, I'm scared I will lose some of my confidence in the process and be a boring blob of boredom (alliteration?) when I leave for school and no one will want to talk to me! So what in the world is a bored girl to do? It's a little too late in the game to make new friends when I'm about to leave, and the friends that I have that are here and out of town a lot and whatever else... so I've got to find things to do myself.  Hmm. Goal setting? Only ambitious people do that. Maybe I should be more ambitious? Let's look at all the goals I've set every year and have yet to accomplish.  Lose weight (every time I intend to do that I gain, and I only lose weight when I'm depressed), straight A's (ummm yeah right), organize/clean my room (well that just goes straight back to boring), and be tan (well that's just plain vain and absolutely impossible. Like I seriously think there is something wrong with my skin).  I have a passion for the random and I love trying new things and going on adventures, but that's hard to do on my own! Fourth of July is really soon and while my family is all going to Cascade, (which makes it one of the best holidays on the planet.. it's so fun!) I am working my butt off at subway and spending the holiday alone! It's gonna suck. Let's be honest. Because when I get off work I go home and watch fireworks on TV or something lame. (Do they even have fireworks on TV?) Although the highlighting of how fascinating my life is has been fun, it's time for Subway. Eat fresh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers